Gospel Artiste of the Week : LARA GEORGEDOD Media
Lara George is a Nigerian Gospel singer, songwriter and producer.
She was born into the family of Oluwole Bajomo in Lagos State, Nigeria She attended Queen’s College, Lagos before proceeding to the University of Lagos where she obtained a bachelor’s degree in Architecture.
Lara George began her music career at the University of Lagos, where she joined the campus fellowship choir and she became a member of the disbanded musical group Kush, which included TY Bello, Dapo Torimiro and Emem Ema.
Her debut album, titled Forever In My Heart, included the hit single “Ijoba Orun” which was released in 2008.The album earned her several awards and nominations and in 2008, she won Voice of the Year at the Nigeria Music Awards. She emerged the winner of the Best African Female Gospel Artiste category at the 2011 African Gospel Music Awards.
She is married to Gbenga George, a legal practitioner and music entrepreneur. She currently has 2 children named Adeoba and Tiaraoluwa.
She was nominated and also bagged lots of prestigious awards such as:
- Female Vocalist of the Year – The Headies Award
- Best Female Vocalist – Nigeria Music Awards
- Best Gospel Artiste – Nigerian Entertainment Award 2011
- Best African Female Gospel Artiste – Gospel Music Award 2012
- Trailblazer of the Year – African Gospel Music Awards 2013
- Best Female Vocalist – Crystal Awards 2014
- Best Gospel Artiste – KORA Awards( Nominated) and BEN TV UK Award (Won) 2016.